- Can be painted or stained
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Variety of styles and sizes
Wood Lettering Options
Our custom wood letters come in different sizes and material. You are in control of the font styles and sizes. These letters are perfect for indoor or outdoor signage that needs a wooden letter look. Our wooden lettering comes in 3/4” or 1/2” thickness.
To get started with your wooden lettering order just click the green button to the right.
At SpeedySigns.com you can find quality wooden letters made at an exceptionally low price. Our custom wooden letters can be used for both interior or exterior signage. Our wooden lettering is available in a variety of fonts and sizes. We have 1/2" thick wooden letters that comes in either unfinished medium density fiberboard or primed medium density overlay plywood. The 1/2” thick MDO wooden letters come primed and are ready to be painted with the color of your choosing. We also have 3/4” thick MDF wooden letters.
MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is an engineered wood made from small wood fibers pressed together to make a dense composite that is excellent for indoor sign letters and craft letters. MDO (Medium Density Overlay) is a special plywood that has weather-resistant adhesive holding the ply together which mean the plywood will not warp in varying temperatures.These outdoor letters are perfect for making outdoor sign lettering for your business
Wood Lettering Comparison
MDO(Medium Density Overlay)
- Indoor / Outdoor Use
- Weather Resistant
- Primed Surface
- 1/2" Thickness
MDF(Medium Density Fiberboard)
- Recommended Indoor Use
- Non-Weather Resistant
- Non-Primed Surface
- 1/2" or 3/4" Thickness
Wooden Lettering FAQS
- Will wooden lettering be a good product choice for use in wet, humid climates?
- Our 1/2” MDO wood lettering would be an excellent choice as it has weather-resistant properties.
- Why wood lettering instead of acrylic lettering?
- Either product would be a fine choice for lettering. Wooden letters are easily customizable with paint or stains.
- Which wooden lettering will look the best for my child’s bedroom decoration?
- This will really depend on you and your child’s particular taste. One style of font that really works for just about any situation would be Helvetica. Our wooden letters can be painted or stained to match any coloring or styling you may need.
- I do not see any font styles that I want, are there any other options?
- We try to provide the most common fonts available but there are times when customers want wooden lettering in a style not available on our design tool. If this is the case, contact our customer support staff for possible solutions.
- How are wooden letters installed?
- These letters can be hung with double-sided adhesive tape, pad mounting kits, or stud mounting kits. Our company offers these options to go along with your wood lettering.
- May wood lettering be painted or stained?
- Absolutely. We would actually suggest this as it will keep your lettering protected from harsh elements and conditions.
Our aim is to make your signage purchase as easy, and as worry free as possible. If you need assistance placing an order, or have a question about any of our products, our highly trained support staff are standing by to help.
- Wooden Lettering (3)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Save time, hassle and money with tailored solutions to help protect your brand and grow your business.More Information »
Order by 3pm ET and your order will ship the next day!* Same day rush shipping options also available.See Shipping Information »
Need help? Our world-class
customer service team is
standing by to help answer
any of your questions at